Friday, March 2, 2012

Gnocchi

 A few years ago my sister gifted my brother and me a gnocchi making class from an Italian cooking instructor, Loretta Paganini.  If you are in the Cleveland Area or are interested in a fun trip I highly recommend her cooking school as a unique day activity.

It was a lovely morning and the delightful little dumplings has been my go to recipe for special dinners when I have most of the day to prepare.  The second most important take away was the pronunciation.  Loretta wouldn't let us proceed with the class until we properly said gnocchi.  Her suggestion, Curly.  Gnocchi = Nyuk-i.

If your only experience of gnocchi is a vacuum sealed package from the market then I recommend committing yourself to an afternoon of cooking these little babies.  You won't be disappointed.  Recipe. 


 
Edgar helped..

Remember Curly: Gnocchi = Nyuk-i

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment