Friday, May 11, 2012

Will Work For Food (& Beer)

Grace's co-teacher Chelsea asked her the other day if we would be willing to do some photography work for her husband Cliff, a Columbus restauranteur.  Simply, we would photograph some of his Filet Mignon Sliders which were being featured in a local magazine in exchange for the sliders themselves.

Let me just say, I am fully behind the exchanging of food for services.  I think we need to revert to a method of bartering or trading for things we need/want.  Any restaurants out there need their food photographed?  Feed me, I'll be there.

Anyway, after twenty-odd minutes of work, Grace and I kicked back and tucked into the sliders and beer provided for us.  I would like you to consider the absurdity of sitting alone in a restaurant's banquet room adjacent to the bar eating free sliders and beer.  When the waitress came in with our second beer she poked her head in and asked if she was in the right place.  It was like sitting at the kids' table or maybe more accurately at a servants' table out of sight.


As we were polishing off the sliders, Chelsea stopped in for a beer and Cliff joined us with another round and his appetizer sampler.  Driving home Grace and I belted out some Gram Parsons and Emmylou Harris on the freeway.  Perfectly strange and wonderful night. 

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment