Monday, May 7, 2012

Dance this mess around

Giz has been asking me to make him a berry pie since god was a boy. I still haven't come through, but I decided yesterday to keep him at bay with a berry tart until I am in pie making spirits.

I whipped up a recipe of Martha Stewart's Pate Brisee (which is easy despite its fussy French name), pressed it in the tart pan and baked it for 15 minutes. Then, I spread a thin layer of lemon curd on top of the shell. I topped that with a mix of blackberries and blueberries which I then brushed with a lemon simple syrup (boil equal parts sugar and water with the zest of one lemon). Because I was feeling especially nice, I also made some fresh whipped cream as a topper. 

Jon was so jazzed that he started dancing in to the living room with his piece of tart. The tart danced right off the plate.



-Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment