Wednesday, January 11, 2012

99% Invisible

Earlier this year I discovered, or rather was introduced to, a wonderful design podcast titled 99% Invisible (produced by Roman Mars... coolest name ever).  It was featured on Radiolab (one of my other favorite podcasts) last month and the feature was enough to make me fall in love.  Since then I have been racing through the episode archive. Mars' stories feature the often unseen, unnoticed aspects of design and architecture. Once seen however, you realize that they are the things that make life worth living. Please check this podcast out as it is wonderful.

The video below was produced by the podcast's sponsor, LUNAR, a design group.  I discovered it on Mars' Blog that accompanies the podcast.  I loved the the uncertain method of making without a product in mind.



Behind the Design of SANDBOX from LUNAR on Vimeo.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment