Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hot Fun in the Summertime

I mentioned last week how Grace and I seriously dislike the heat and therefore the season which is Summer.  Every Wednesday, from now until the Autumnal Equinox, I will be posting my favorite coping mechanisms for the heat, sweat, and weather. 

This week it is ICE!  But not just any ice.  As a great imbiber of mixed adult beverages I have had some experience with different molds and trays for ice.  I love my Perfect Cube silicon tray but I must say that my favorite is a spherical mold made by Muji.

These smooth spheres of ice will not only look amazing in your next Gin and Tonic -or- Whiskey but they are actually better prepared than their 6-sided counterparts to more efficiently cool your beverage.  Reason being, A sphere has the least amount of surface area compared to its inner volume of any geometric shape.  So you can sip on your tipple knowing that you’re not drinking a watered down libation.  I got these for Christmas from my mother-in-law, by suggestion of Grace.  I love the simple, efficient Japanese design and the elegance of a sphere dancing happily in my beverages.

$11.75 /mold

Stay Cool
-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment